Protecting the personal privacy of every customer, vendor, and employee is a crucial part of gaining and keeping your trust in Dentii. (the “Company”, “we”, “us”). We strive to provide a high level of privacy protection across all of our business activities and services and to deploy consistent, rigorous policies and procedures.
- The types of data we collect from you
- When we collect your data
- How we use and process your data
- Our legal basis for processing your data
- When and to whom we share your data
- For how long we retain your data
- When and to whom we transfer your data across country borders
- The security measures we take to protect your data
- Your rights over your data
- The choices you have over how your data is collected and used by us
- Who to contact and what to do if you wish to discuss with us about your data and your rights
This Notice does not apply to third-party applications, products, services, websites or social media features that may be accessed through links that we provide on our websites and interfaces. Accessing those links may result in the collection of information about you by a third party. We do not control or endorse those third-party websites or their privacy practices. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of such third parties before interacting with them.
Your privacy is of utmost importance to us in servicing you. Our products and services are rendered to you on the basis of your understanding of your data privacy rights.
Please read this Policy carefully. When visiting our website and using our products and services that link to or reference this Policy, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Policy.
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the data alone or in conjunction with any other data in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of your personal data is governed by applicable privacy laws.
What roles do we play in processing your data?
We are the data controller with respect to processing your data (contact details below). This means that we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. We know that you care how data about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly.
When are your personal data collected?
Some of your data can, in particular, be collected by us:
- whenever you become our customer;
- whenever you register to use our online services;
- whenever you fill in forms and contracts that we send to you;
- whenever you use our services and products;
- whenever you opt-in to our marketing measures and activities, including but not limited to: newsletters, online and live event registrations, and other promotional information and materials;
- whenever you contact us via the various channels we offer you;
Our collection of personal data
The personal data we collect include any and all data you provide to us when you enter into contract with us, register an account with us, enter on our website, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide data to us, but we may then not be able to service you where such services require processing such data. We use the data that you provide for purposes administering your use of our services, such as communicating with you, responding to your requests, managing your account, customizing your service experience with us, improving our products and services, and personalizing marketing measures and activities. We may communicate with you by mail, email or telephone. We will send you strictly service-related announcements or information on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so.
Examples of the data we collect and store include: your e-mail address, name, address, phone number, login, account name, account number, your account activity, files accessed or used by you, transaction data and any information you provide during a transaction, or other transaction-based content that you generate or connected to your account as a result of your transaction, financial data such as credit card numbers, logistics and billing data (such as customs ID and tracking number), your chat and service history with us, and any other information you may provide us such as your age, gender, interests and preferences.
We also receive and store certain types of data whenever you interact with us. For example, we use “cookies,” which are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to provide features of our services such as personalized advertisements on other websites, provide remote access for you, allow you to visit our website without re-entering your username and/or password, verify that you have the authorization needed for the services to process your requests, personalize and improve your experience, record your preferences, customize functionalities for your devices, and to improve the functionality and user-friendliness of our services. It also helps us to better understand how you interact with our services and to monitor aggregate usage and web traffic routing on our website. Most of the cookies used by us are so-called “session cookies”. Cookies do not cause any damage on your computer and do not contain any viruses. Most browsers automatically accept cookies as the default setting. You can modify your browser setting by editing your browser options to reject our cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie. However, if a browser does not accept cookies or if you reject a cookie, some portions of our services may not function properly.
We obtain certain types of data when you access the content hosted by us, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, device ID or token, unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising, referral URL, computer and connection data such as the type of operating system you use, your device information, your software information, browser type, browser language and version, ad data, access times, your browsing history, and your web log information. Our server automatically receives and records your IP address which your browser sent us on our server when you login to our website. We will store your IP address in our user registration databases. We occasionally might use your IP address for the following purposes:
- send the most appropriate banners based on geographic area or information derived from your IP address.
- estimate the total number of visitors from specific countries or regions all over the world.
- help to identify customers.
Our server keeps your account information active in our user registration databases in order to provide immediate access to your personal data each time you visit our website, as noted above.
- Non-Personal data we collect
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect your activities on our website and hardware. The information is collected anonymously and it is aggregated and used to help us provide more useful information to our customers and to understand which parts of our website, products, and services are of most interest.
Use of Google Analytics
Use of Opt-In/Subscribe Personal Data
You have a choice of whether and how you receive a variety of marketing communications from us related to product solutions, services and helpful business content.
You can manage your preferences by:
- Opting-in to newsletter subscription on a web form;
- Opting-in to marketing measures and activities on a web form; or
- Unsubscribing or opting-out of marketing measures and activities, via a link at the bottom of marketing measures and activities emails.
If you no longer wish to receive these communications from us, please follow the opting-out “unsubscribe” instructions provided in the link at the bottom of our emails regarding marketing measures and activities, or update your account settings.
How do we process your personal data?
We comply with our obligations under applicable privacy laws by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by collecting and retaining only the necessary data that we need to service you; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
The processing operations we perform on your data cover automated and non-automated means of collecting, recording, organizing, structuring, storing, altering, retrieving, using, transmitting, disseminating or otherwise making available, aligning or combining, restricting, and/or erasing your data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To design and deliver our services and activities to you.
- To provide you access to and use of our services.
- To design services and activities, inform you of online and offline offers, products, services, and updates, customize your shopping processes.
- To customize, measure, and improve our services and our advertising based on your background, interests, or service or advertising preferences, where we may create a profile based on such information.
- To provide services and products requested by you as described when we collect the information.
- To contact you to conduct research about your opinions of current services and products or of potential new services and products that may be offered by us.
- To send you marketing communications informing you of our news, events, new products, business tools and information, and activities.
- To maintain the integrity and safety of our data technology systems which store and process your personal data.
- To share your contact details with our logistics partners, distributors, and integrators so that they can assist us to deliver our services and products to you.
- To enforce or defend our policies or contract with you.
- To detect and investigate data breaches, illegal activities, and fraud.
Privacy of data subjects under the age of 16
Our products and services are not targeted to persons under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect or process personal data from persons under the age of 16.
What is our lawful basis for processing your personal data?
In general, the lawful bases for us to process your personal data for the various types of processing performed on your data (please refer to “How do we process your personal data?” section of this Policy) is, as applicable, processing based on your consent, as necessary for us to enter into and to perform our contract with you, to comply with our obligations under the applicable employment, social security or social protection laws, or as necessary to pursue the legitimate interest of our Company or of third parties.
We will collect, process and use the personal data supplied by you only for the purposes communicated to you and will not disclose it to third parties except under the circumstances of data disclosure to third parties in the section “Sharing your personal data” below.
Where we talk about our legitimate interest or that of third parties, such legitimate interest can include:
- Implementation and operation of a group-wide organizational structure and group-wide information sharing;
- Right to freedom of expression or information, including in the media and the arts;
- Prevention of fraud, misuse of company IT systems, or money laundering;
- Operation of a whistleblowing scheme;
- Physical security, IT and network security;
- Internal investigations; and
- Proposed mergers and acquisitions
Processing of certain personal data
In accordance with the applicable privacy laws, we currently do not collect or process the following categories of data relating to you: your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union membership, health data, genetic data, biometric data. If we had to process this type of data, we would always request your prior explicit consent.
Necessity to provide us data
You are not under any obligation to provide us any personal data. As noted below, the choice is yours. However, please note that without certain data from you, we may not able to undertake some or all of our obligations to you under our service contract with you, or adequately provide you with our full range of services. If you would like to obtain more detail about this, please contact us following the instructions in the “Whom should I contact?” section below.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will be shared only with the categories of data recipients listed below. We will only share your data with third parties outside of the Company with your consent, and you will have an opportunity to choose for us not to share your data.
We may disclose your personal data to:
- our affiliated entities within our global group of companies worldwide to provide you services such as facilitating order processing and shipping, for internal administration purposes, to detect and deal with data breaches, illegal activities, and fraud, and to maintain the integrity of our information technology systems.
- third party service providers whom we sub-contract to work on our behalf or for us and therefore may have access to your data only for purposes of performing these tasks on our behalf and under obligations similar to those described in this Policy, who perform functions such as data processing, auditing, order fulfillment, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys, logistics support, marketing support, payment processing and invoice collection support, informational systems technical support, to help us provide, analyze, and improve our services such as data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, improvement of our service features, and to assist us in detecting and dealing with data breaches, illegal activities, and fraud.
- governments and/or government-affiliated institutions, courts, or law enforcement agencies, to comply with our obligations under relevant laws and regulations, enforce or defend our policies or contract with you, respond to claims, or in response to a verified request relating to a government or criminal investigation or suspected fraud or illegal activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our customers to legal liability; provided that, if any law enforcement agency requests your data, we will attempt to redirect the law enforcement agency to request that data directly from you, and in such event, we may provide your basic contact information to the law enforcement agency.
- third parties involved in a legal proceeding, if they provide us with a court order or substantially similar legal procedure requiring us to do so.
How long do we keep your personal data?
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under applicable privacy laws, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which we hold about you.
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request to erase your personal data where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data, except we are not obliged to do so if we need to retain such data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where we rely on your consent to process your data. This includes cases where you wish to opt out from marketing communications that you receive from us.
- The right to request that we provide you with your data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, where the processing is based on your consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, and in either case we process the data by automated means;
- The right to restrict our processing of your personal data where you believe such data to be inaccurate, our processing is unlawful; or that we no longer need to process such data for a particular purpose unless we are not able to delete the data due to a legal or other obligation or because you do not wish for us to delete it.
- The right to object to us using your personal data, where the legal justification for our processing of your personal data is our legitimate interest. We will abide by your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests and rights, or if we need to continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- The right to lodge a complaint regarding our processing of your data, with the competent authority where you reside or in which your data is processed.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please do so through https://www.dentii.co.uk/gdpr-request-personal-data
After receiving your request, we will evaluate your request and inform you how we intend to proceed on your request. Under certain circumstances in accordance with applicable privacy laws and regulations, we may withhold access to your data, or decline to modify, erase, port, or restrict the processing of your data.
Please be advised that if you exercise the rights to erase data, restrict or object to our processing, or to withdraw your consent, we may not be able to continue our services to you if the necessary data is missing for processing.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose not covered by this Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing such further processing for a new purpose, setting out the relevant new purpose and processing conditions. In such case, we will find a lawful basis for further processing, and whenever necessary we will seek your prior written consent to such further processing.
What are your choices?
You have the choice to allow us to collect and process your data. The collection and processing of your personal data is neither a statutory nor a contractual requirement, although as noted above, we will be unable to provide you with certain services without the data necessary for such services purposes.
If you are dealing with us online, note that most browsers will inform you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable cookies. Additionally, you can disable or delete data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, on your browser or on the website of its manufacturer.
You can always choose not to provide your data to us, although we may need such data to process your requests, in which case we will inform you of our constraints.
To the extent that you have consented to our processing of your data, you can choose to discontinue our processing at any time.
You can choose to request from us a copy of the personal data we store and process regarding you.
You can choose to add or update data that you have provided to us.
You can choose to erase your data, or you may choose to restrict our processing of your data instead.
You can choose to port your data to a third party under conditions stated above.
You can choose to object to our processing of your data.
Your choice or request on any aspects of data processing listed above can be communicated to us using the channels set forth in the “Whom should I contact? ” section of this Notice.
In summary, what we are allowed to do with your data is, with limited exceptions under applicable privacy laws, up to you. However, in the event that you choose for us not to further process your data, such choice may affect the delivery of our obligations or services to you; in this situation, we will inform you of our constraints.
Whom should I contact?
If you have any question about this Policy, or if you would like to exercise any of your rights, or if you have any complaints that you would like to discuss with us, please in the first instance send us your signed and dated request. Please be as accurate as possible:
by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
In case of disagreements relating to our processing of your personal data, you can submit a request for mediation or other administrative action to the data protection supervisory authority with the competent authority where you reside or in which your data is processed. Please click here for a list of local data protection authorities in EEA countries: http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080.